Self Petitioners

(VAWA) is designed to protect spouses, parents and children from abusers and helps them get out of these abusive relationships. A skilled immigration attorney such the ones at Dagher Khraizat Law can help. For more than 15 years we have been aiding people in filing immigrant visa petitions under VAWA.

Abuse petitions can be filed by certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and green card holders. Your abuser never has to know about the application. Those eligible include abused spouses of U.S. citizens or permanent residents and their unmarried, under age 21 children. Parents may file for their children and parents being abused by their children may apply as well. If you are an unmarried child, under age 21, you may file for yourself if no one else will.

There are various eligibility requirements that you must meet before you can file an application. At Dagher Khraizat Law our immigration attorneys understand the delicate and dangerous position you are in and we are here to help. We can help you figure out what type of visa you are eligible for and file the paperwork for you. Rest assured that we are extremely discreet; your abuser will never know what we are doing.

We are with you every step of the way through the process, but only you will know we are there. We can handle all of the paperwork, ensure you have all the proof and documentation required and properly file your application processed as soon as possible.

There are a number of options available to you and we explore all of them before developing a plan of action. Our goal is to keep you and your children safe and we handle every part of the process with that in mind. We understand your fear, and our immigration attorneys do what they can to alleviate it. We explain everything step-by-step so you know what to expect, and we keep you updated and informed regularly.

U Visa

U VisaU visa status (also known as U nonimmigrant status) was created by the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000. It is designed to provide lawful status to noncitizen crime victims who are assisting or are willing to assist the authorities in investigating crimes.Victims of certain criminal activities that either occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws may be eligible to petition for U nonimmigrant status to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Victims must have suffered mental or physical abuse due to the criminal activity and possess information concerning that criminal activity. Law enforcement authorities must also certify that the victim has been, is being, or is likely to be helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.

The U visa status may be available to victims of domestic violence crimes or victims of certain other crimes (which can be crimes that have nothing to do with domestic violence).If you are a noncitizen victim of crime, and you meet all of these requirements:1. you "have been helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful in the investigation or prosecution" of one of the categories of crimes listed in the U visa statute;2. you can show that you suffered substantial physical or mental abuse from the crime.3. you can show that you have information regarding the criminal activity, 4. and the criminal activity violated U.S. law; or occurred in the U.S. or the territories and possessions of the U.S.Immigration laws are complicated and this page gives you some basic information about U visa status.  We at Dagher Khraizat Immigration Law, have experience and been successful in obtain U visa status and we recommend that you consult with us before applying to see if you qualify for this or other forms of immigration relief.